Savonet Museum Curacao
Welcome to the newest Museum of Curaçao! Savonet Museum is a unique concept in the heart of the Christoffelpark. The largest nature reserve on the island harbours the buildings of the former Savonet Plantation including the formal plantation house called “landhuis”. The Museum was opened thanks to funds provided by the Dutch Government trough the so-called SEI-program.
The museum gives visitors inside information and a peak into the lives of the former inhabitants of the area, starting with the first Arowak Indians who came to the island almost 4000 years ago, and continuing into modern history. Modern audio- visual concepts, historical artefacts, faces of descendents of the former slaves, photographs, completely restored antiques and much more will give the museum the tools to tell a diverse story of interdependence between humans and nature, cultural history and natural history.
*IMPORTANT: In connection with asphalting work on Weg naar Westpunt, the following:
- March 20th and 21st: Weg naar Westpunt will be closed from 7am to 5pm.
- March 27th 28th: Weg naar Westpunt will be closed from 7am to 5pm.
- Detour routes will be marked
- Shete Boka National Park and Christoffel National Park (country house Savonet) will remain accessible through Westpunt, this will also be indicated by the detour signs.
- March 29th: the first section will be paved towards Shete Boca National Park.
- April 3rd: initiation of implementation of asphalt milling in Savonet.
Fees (starting January 1st, 2017)
Entrance Savonet Museum only
Adults: Nafl.5.00 or $3 (for both locals and tourists)
Children: Nafl.3.50 or US$ 2 (for both locals and tourists)
Christoffel Park + FREE entrance to Savonet Museum
Adults: Nafl. 25.00 or US$ 14.50
Children 6-12 years: Nafl. 7.50 or US$4.50
Children 0-6 years: Free
Group fee: Nafl. 15.00 / US$ 8.50 (groups must consist of 15 people or more)
Christoffel Park for local people + FREE entrance to Savonet Museum
(valid ID card or drivers license from Curaçao is required)
Adults: Nafl 5.00
Children: 6 – 12 years: Nafl. 5.00
Children: 0 – 5 years: Free
Group fee: Nafl. 5 (groups must consist of 15 people or more)
* Tickets to Christoffel Park sold daily before 11 o’clock. Prices vary for special activities